Migration from Disqus
How to migrate to Comentario from Disqus
Migration to Comentario from Disqus is pretty straightforward.
You just export your data from Disqus, then import the downloaded data dump into Comentario.
1. Back up your data
If you’re importing data into an existing Comentario domain, remember to always make a backup first. Once you’ve done it, make sure it can be restored!
If you will import into a new domain, you can skip this step because you can simply delete that domain should the process go wrong.
2. Request a data export from Disqus
Go to the admin export section in Disqus and click Export Comments. This should start the process of exporting your comments in the background.
As soon as that process is complete, you’ll receive an email from Disqus with a link to a compressed archive of all comments and associated data.
3. Download the data dump
Download the data dump archive using the link from the previous step.
4. Import the data into Comentario
- Log into Comentario as a domain owner or a superuser.
- Create a new domain, or select an existing one using the Domain selector.
- In the sidebar, click
Import data: you’ll land on the Import data page.
Disqusas the source format.
- Select the file you downloaded in the previous step.
- Once the import is complete, you’ll get an overview with numbers of imported, skipped and failed items.
5. Update your code snippet
Replace the code that embedded Disqus on your pages with Comentario web component code (
<comentario-comments>) provided in the Administration console, under
Domain properties ⇒
If everything worked out fine, you should be able to see the imported comment threads on every relevant page!